Flanigan Lane is located between Queen and Elizabeth streets. It extends south from Little Lonsdale Street, doglegs to the east and then continues in two sections, one to the east to connect with Sutherland Street, the other turning to the south to connect with McLean Alley. This southern leg intersects with Guildford Lane. Flanigan Lane was named in 1924 after either Leonard John Flanigan or his father, the architects of Melbourne's Eastern Market. Flanigan Lane was the site of many small factories which, since 1935, have served many different professions. These include furniture makers, auto engineers, printers and the Middlecoat Electrical Service.