Meyers Place connects Little Collins and Bourke Streets between Exhibition and Spring streets. It was formerly known as Nicholas Lane. In 1860 Nicholas Lane housed businesses run by a house and sign painter, wood carver and galvanized iron and zinc worker. By 1891, it was home to many residents, as well as refreshment rooms, two tobacconists, a pawnbroker and a post and telegraph office.
On 25 October 1892 Assistant Inspector of Nuisances Edward Thunderbolt wrote to the City's Inspector of Nuisances John Fullerton, requesting a summons against James Harris, a resident of Little Collins Street, for throwing rubbish into Nicholas Lane, contrary to by-law.
During the twentieth century, the Peter's American Delicacy Company was located in Meyers Place.