Located between William and Queen streets, St Johns Lane extends north from Little Bourke Street. It was named pre-1856, possibly after the parish of St Johns on La Trobe Street. In 1860, the lane was vacant.
- Sands & McDougall’s commercial and general Melbourne directory, Sands & McDougall, Melbourne, 1860. Details
- Bate, Weston, Essential but unplanned: The story of Melbourne's lanes, State Library of Victoria and the City of Melbourne, Melbourne, 1994. Details