Located between Queen and Elizabeth streets, Warburton Alley extends north from Little Bourke Street. It was possibly named after iron merchant Thomas Warburton who was based in nearby Warburton Lane, south of Little Bourke Street. The earliest record of the lane's occupation was in 1888. In 1935, hardware merchants Green & Son were known to have occupied this site.
- Sands & McDougall’s commercial and general Melbourne directory, Sands & McDougall, Melbourne, 1935. Details
- 'Warburton Alley, Melbourne: HI Number H7822-1286', in Victorian Heritage Register On-Line, 2000, http://www.doi.vic.gov.au/doi/hvolr.nsf. Details
- Bate, Weston, Essential but unplanned: The story of Melbourne's lanes, State Library of Victoria and the City of Melbourne, Melbourne, 1994. Details