Located at the Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG), main stadium for the 1956 Olympic Games, the Gallery is Australia's only national multi-sport museum and incorporates the Australian Cricket Hall of Fame, Olympic Exhibition, Aussie Rules Exhibition and several multi-sport displays. The government-appointed MCG Trust is responsible for the Gallery, which is managed by the Melbourne Cricket Club (MCC). Opened on 22 November 1986, the 30th anniversary of the opening of the 1956 Olympic Games, the Gallery contains artefacts, medals, costumes, photographs and memorabilia representing 17 major sports and Olympic events. Other areas of interest include the MCC Cricket Museum and Library, the resource centre for the Museums Department, and the stadium itself. Guided tours provide expert commentary on the exhibits. In October 2003 the gallery was demolished as part of the MCG redevelopment, reopening within the new grandstand for the 2006 Commonwealth Games.