(3125, 14 km SE, Whitehorse City)
A mainly residential locality within Burwood, Bennettswood was created as a part of intensive subdivision and building in the decade following World War II. It reflected early initiatives by Box Hill City Council in town planning practices, and the name was applied first to a small, designed shopping centre (1953) and new state school (1954). It derived from the early white settlers, brothers George and Edward Bennett, who occupied land on Gardiners Creek from 1845, buying small holdings there from 1850. Centred on Burwood Highway and Station Street, the locality's name was extended to a Legislative Assembly electorate from 1967.