(3116, 33 km E, Yarra Ranges Shire)
This suburb in the Yarra Valley was originally known as West Lilydale until subdivision in 1962. Where Chirnside Park now stands was originally part of Gardiners Run No. 90, one of the earliest of Victoria's settlements. In 1838, Gardiner's cousin William Fletcher purchased 640 acres (256 ha) of the property from the government at £1 an acre (0.4 ha). Later the property became Mooroolbark Sheep and Cattle Station and eventually, as Mooroolbark Park, it was purchased by George Chirnside in 1921.