(3172, 23km SE, Kingston City, Greater Dandenong City)
Comprising the land along the Old Dandenong Road, Dingley was sold in farming acreages in 1855. It derives its name from Dingley Grange, the house Thomas Attenborough built there in the late 1850s and probably named after Dingley Hall in his native Northumberlandshire, England. Attenborough also commissioned Christ Church in 1873, now classified by the National Trust. Writer Marcus Clarke enjoyed a weekend shooting-box on the nearby property of his cousin (Sir Andrew Clarke) in the 1870s. Generally the land was left undeveloped or leased for grazing until market gardening and the Kingswood Golf Club developed in the early part of the 20th century, attracting high-quality residential development in the 1960s and 1970s. Sandmining expanded after World War II and the pits later became valuable rubbish tips and then park and recreation facilities.