(3754, 29 km N, Nillumbik Shire, Whittlesea City)
Doreen was originally known as Hazel Glen after the property of Patrick and Agnes Reid who settled in 1844. By 1870, a post office was established in the schoolteacher's residence. To avoid confusion with Reid's property, the name was changed in 1895 to Doreen. Orchards were planted, but most failed during the 1930s depression. The area remains agricultural, with many hobby farms. Its quiet rural ambience was changing by the early 21st century with housing developments such as Laurimar.