(3757, 38 km N, Whittlesea City)
A rural district 4 km west of Whittlesea and far from public transport, Eden Park was first settled by Ewen and Janet Robertson who built Breadalbane, a surviving 12-roomed homestead of hand-made bricks, on their 1000 acres (400 ha). After Robertson's death the land was subdivided as the Eden Park Estate during the 1890s. Despite the beautiful setting, few blocks sold and the land was prone to soil erosion. Orchards and grazing provided limited income, and many settlers left. Renewed interest in the area in the 1960s led Whittlesea Council to restrict subdivision to 10 acres (4 ha), with blocks consolidated to gain building permits. The Northern Melbourne Institute of TAFE (NMIT) established Northern Lodge stud (1993), a thoroughbred training property, and Eden Park Vineyard (1996) for viticulture and winemaking students in the adjacent Eden Hills.