(3802, 31 km SE, Casey City)
A former dairying locality, Endeavour Hills is now a fast-growing residential suburb for city commuters and workers at the nearby Doveton industrial area. Previously known as Doveton North, in 1971 it was gazetted as Endeavour Hills, and named after the ship Captain Cook used on his explorations of the eastern Australian coast in 1770. Many streets in the area were also named after his crew. In 1837 the area housed the headquarters of the first Native Police Corps and later the Dandenong Police Paddocks. The Dandenong Creek forms the suburb's western boundary.