(3338, 36 km W, Melton Shire)
An agricultural district south of Melton on the Werribee River, Exford was also the name of Simon Staughton's 19th-century pastoral station in the nearby Brisbane Ranges. The Exe was also a name used by some early white settlers for the Werribee River. The Melton Reservoir was constructed just north of Exford in 1916 to service the Werribee Irrigation District. In the 1990s Exford Downs was one of the estates developed to accommodate Melton's expanding population.