(3142, 5 km SE, Stonnington City)
The south-east corner of South Yarra was named for Hawksburn House, whose owners in the 1850s thought the nearby creek resembled a Scottish burn. Hawksburn Creek used to run from near the junction of High Street and Kooyong Road north-west to a swamp near the northern end of Chapel Street. Before major drainage works contained it in an underground channel, the creek was subject to flooding. The low-lying parts of Hawksburn developed with generally small houses on narrow streets. Higher above the creek, especially to the north and east 327 where Hawksburn borders Toorak, are more substantial houses. The former Hawksburn Primary School (1874) in Malvern Road is listed on the Victorian Heritage Register.