(3135, 25 km E, Maroondah City)
A small residential suburb straddling Canterbury Road between Ringwood and Bayswater, Heathmont's name is thought to have originated from the extensive growths of heath on the hilly land. In the 1920s there was local agitation for a railway station (opened 1926), and by 1929 the locality had a post office. Significant residential growth occurred after World War II, the population rising from 600 in 1953 to almost 3000 in 1958. The Cadbury chocolate factory on Canterbury Road just out of the town centre is a significant employer of people from surrounding suburbs. The suburb includes the Heathmont Golf Park and H.E. Parker Reserve.