(3148, 14 km SE, Stonnington City)
This locality between Malvern East and Chadstone, probably named after an early landowner, remained very much an orchard and agricultural district in the east of the City of Malvern until the Glen Waverley railway line was opened in 1930. In 1945 the Housing Commission of Victoria began prefabricating concrete houses here in a munitions factory that had manufactured tanks during World War II. Much of Holmesglen's residential development occurred from the 1950s. The locality features the Holmesglen Institute of TAFE (Chadstone campus).