(3204, 13 km SE, Glen Eira City)
A railway station on the Mordialloc line opened in 1881, when McKinnon was still very much a vegetable-growing district. The station took its name from McKinnon's Road, which was, in turn, named after an early settler. McKinnon's healthy air and supposed proximity to the seaside were used in a futile attempt to promote residential development. By the turn of the 20th century McKinnon's population was large enough to warrant a state school and church, but it was not until the late 1930s that it began to develop as a residential suburb.