This hotel was built in 1846 on the south-western corner of Spring and Bourke streets, opposite Parliament House, for Pieter Laurentz Campbell. Early election speeches were made from the corner balcony. Purchased by Charles Lister in 1870, it was rebuilt with extensive frontage to both streets. Sold in 1920 to Melbourne Hotels Ltd, who owned the adjacent Windsor Hotel, it was known by the 1950s as the Windsor Annexe because staff was accommodated there. The dining room became Ricco's, one of Melbourne's early Italian restaurants. It was demolished in 1960 to make way for a new wing of the Windsor in which the Hard Rock Cafe now occupies the ground floor.