(3159, 40 km E, Cardinia Shire, Yarra Ranges Shire)
Selby is a small hills village on the Puffing Billy line between Belgrave and Emerald. Before the advent of the narrow gauge railway, Selby was treated as part of Menzies Creek. Accountant and early shire president George W. Selby settled at Jacksons Hill in 1901 and gave his name to the new hamlet. Trains no longer stop regularly at the station, but the railway brought many of the first settlers to the area.