(3792, 40 km SE, Yarra Ranges Shire)
Located in the higher Dandenong Ranges, the region was so called after early timber-getters left an opening in the forest. Pointed out as 'the patch', the name became official from around 1893. It was here that berry-growing became an important industry after Daniel Camm established his jam factory between The Patch and Monbulk on what is now Camms Road. Today the area is more residential than agricultural.