The miniature Tudor Village is a model English village located in the Fitzroy Gardens in East Melbourne. Opened in 1948 by the lord mayor, it was built by English craftsman Edgar Wilson and presented to the City of Melbourne in gratitude for its help to the citizens of Lambeth, England, during World War II. Along with Ola Cohn's Fairies' Tree, it has entranced generations of Melbourne children. By the late 20th century the Tudor Village had fallen into disrepair and was threatened by plans to restore the integrity of the gardens' earlier design. Plans to restore the village were announced in 2004.