(3152, 23 km E, Knox City)
Situated between the Burwood Highway and Dandenong Creek, Wantirna was regarded as Bayswater West until its first post office opened in 1913. The name Wantirna, meaning gurgling stream, was chosen by the local Progress Association. A cattle station, Bushy Park, was established in 1843. At the beginning of the 20th century subdivision encouraged the development of orchards. A little town grew around the Wantirna Cool Store that opened in 1919. The Scoresby Horticultural Research Station opened at Wantirna South in the 1950s. In the 1970s brick veneer houses in curved streets replaced the remaining orchards.