(3181, 5 km SE, Stonnington City)
Windsor lies in the south-west corner of Prahran. From the land sales of the 1840s there were brickworks, quarries and market gardens. By the 1850s much of the area was already laid out with a grid of narrow streets along which speculators built small houses for rent. Windsor had a railway station as early as 1859 and developed as a strongly working-class area. After World War II it was popular with Greek migrants. Significant areas of older housing were demolished in the 1960s to make way for Housing Commission flats and it remained a relatively densely populated area. From the 1970s, like adjacent areas of South Yarra and Prahran, Windsor underwent a process of gentrification and many of the small cottages were renovated.