Chisholm Place leads south off Little Lonsdale Street between William and King streets. It was previously known as Chisholms Place. The laneway was largely residential in 1895, but there were also premises occupied by a tinsmith and a blacksmith. In 1905, the City was informed of some 'undesirable characters' in Chisholm Place and Eagle Alley: 'We are informed that a lot of these undesirable characters have been forced by the police to leave the east of the city and they have only moved them to the locality we have mentioned'. The lane now contains a car park.