Fleming Place is located between Queen and Elizabeth streets, to the west of Equitable Place. It extends south from Little Collins Street. Fleming Place has had a diverse range of businesses and buildings located on it over its history. In 1895, the Remington Hotel was located on the corner of Collins Street and Fleming Place, whilst the opposite end of the lane was the site of the John Bull Hotel, on the corner of Little Collins Street. Warehouses lined both the east and west sides of the lane, later used to house paper manufactures and printers, including The Atlas Press in 1920.