George Lane is located in the block between Exhibition, Spring, Lonsdale and Little Lonsdale streets. In 1915, George Lane extended north-south between Lonsdale and Little Lonsdale streets. Today it exists inside a large building complex. The three entries to the lane, on Lonsdale Street, Little Lonsdale Street, and Exhibition Street, serve as entrances to the building complex. A depot of the Central Methodist Mission was located in the lane in the 1890s, as were several hotels, including the Victoria Hotel on the corner of George Lane and Lonsdale Street, and Cooper's Family Hotel at the opposite end on the corner of Little Lonsdale Street.