Goldie Place is located between Queen and Elizabeth streets, extending north from Little Bourke Street to Lonsdale Street. Formerly known as Goldie Alley, the name was changed post-1915. In 1860, Goldie Place was the site of James Liddy's coach building business. It was also home to several buildings dating to 1888, which are now listed on the Victorian Heritage Inventory. These buildings were predominantly used for commercial purposes, whilst a retail and wholesale shop was located at number 14-16.