Gregory Lane was located between Queen and Elizabeth streets, extending to the north from Flinders Lane. Named pre-1856 for business owner Stephen Gregory, the lane has since been discontinued. In 1895, J.F. & H. Roberts Ltd was one of the few businesses located on Gregory Lane. The rest of the lane remained largely vacant. Most of the south-east side of the lane was occupied by the back of Collins Street's Commercial Bank. The closed northern end of the lane abutted the back of Collins Street's Phair's Hotel.