Henty Place is located between King and William streets, extending south from Little Collins Street to St James Lane. The lane was built after 1915. Previously known as Henty Lane, it was named after the Henty family, who had established the merchant and shipping agency James Henty & Co. in Little Collins Street in 1851.
- 'Central Melbourne - Lanes F-H', in Amendment C105 - CBD Laneways Review, City of Melbourne, 2007, http://www.melbourne.vic.gov.au/info.cfm?top=195&pg=3065&bp=1902&coll=8. Details
- Bassett, Marnie, 'Henty, James (1800 - 1882)', in Australian Dictionary of Biography, online edition, Australian National University, 2006, http://www.adb.online.anu.edu.au/biogs/A010562b.htm. Details