McKillop Street connects Little Collins and Bourke streets, between Queen and Elizabeth streets. The first date of private residential and commercial occupation in the street is dated to 1839. The street was named in 1865 after J.P. McKillop, a Scottish accountant and estate agent. In 1910, the Victorian Associated Vineyards Company, a cork manufacturer and several other printers and manufacturers were located in McKillop Street.
- Sands & McDougall's commercial and general Melbourne directory, Sands & McDougall, Melbourne, 1910. Details
- '19 McKillop Street, Melbourne (H7822-1595/1597)', in Victorian Heritage Register On-Line, 2000, http://www.doi.vic.gov.au/doi/hvolr.nsf. Details
- 'Central Melbourne: Lanes K-M', in Amendment C105 - CBD Laneways Review, City of Melbourne, 2007, http://www.melbourne.vic.gov.au/info.cfm?top=195&pg=3065&bp=1902&coll=8. Details