Located between Exhibition and Spring streets and extending south from Little Collins Street, Ridgway Place was named pre-1863. In April 1892, the City of Melbourne's Inspector of Nuisances John Fullerton was called to Ridgway Place to investigate a stench that was being emitted at the rear of 30 Collins Street. Occupant P.S. Webster described the smell as 'so powerful and obnoxious that frequently the windows have to be closed'. It was identified that the smell had come from a manure heap. From the late 1950s, Ridgway Place became home to the Lyceum Club, a women's club founded in 1912.