Located between Queen and Elizabeth streets, Ryries Lane extends north from Flinders Lane, turning west to open onto Queen Street. It was built and named pre-1856. In 1935, Ryries Lane was vacant with the exception of a cartage contractor.
- Sands & McDougall’s commercial and general Melbourne directory, Sands & McDougall, Melbourne, 1935. Details
- Bate, Weston, Essential but unplanned: The story of Melbourne's lanes, State Library of Victoria and the City of Melbourne, Melbourne, 1994. Details