Located between William and Queen streets and extending north from Flinders Lane, Samuel Lane was named pre-1915. In 1935, the Industrial Aust. & Mining Standard and the Builder's Exchange occupied the lane.
- Sands & McDougall’s commercial and general Melbourne directory, Sands & McDougall, Melbourne, 1935. Details
- Bate, Weston, Essential but unplanned: The story of Melbourne's lanes, State Library of Victoria and the City of Melbourne, Melbourne, 1994. Details