Located between Collins and Little Collins streets, Ulster Lane extends west from Spring Street. It was named pre-1915 after the Ulster Family Hotel, situated at the corner of Spring and Little Collins streets. In 1901, Ulster Lane was occupied by the New Treasury Hotel and produce merchant John E. Griffiths.
- Sands & McDougall's commercial and general Melbourne directory, Sands & McDougall, Melbourne, 1901. Details
- 'Central Melbourne: Lanes S-Z', in Amendment C105 - CBD Laneways Review, City of Melbourne, 2007, http://www.melbourne.vic.gov.au/info.cfm?top=195&pg=3065&bp=1902&coll=8. Details
- Bate, Weston, Essential but unplanned: The story of Melbourne's lanes, State Library of Victoria and the City of Melbourne, Melbourne, 1994. Details