Granite drinking fountain
Corner of Elliot Avenue and Poplar Road, Parkville
In 1936, a new road was completed through parkland in the city's northwest. It cut through Royal Park near the zoo and was named Elliot Avenue after Councillor Henry Elliot, who represented the Smith Ward from 1903 to 1936. This drinking fountain was erected in honour of the councillor, and bears the simple inscription: 'Elliot Avenue'.