Granite and bluestone drinking fountain
Curtain Square, North Carton
Sir William Brunton was the lord mayor of Melbourne from 1923 to 1926. He was the powerhouse behind the Lord Mayor's Hospital Fund, a founder of the National War Memorial Committee and an advocate of parks and gardens for public recreation.
Following his service, Brunton offered this ornamental granite and bluestone drinking fountain to the Parks & Gardens Committee, which erected in Curtain Square, on Rathdowne Street, North Carlton.