Guildford Lane is located in the block between Queen, Elizabeth, Little Lonsdale and La Trobe streets. It extends east from Queen Street to Sutherland Street, intersecting with Flanigan Street. Several buildings on Guildford Lane have been listed on the Victorian Heritage Inventory as significant historical sites. These buildings include commercial properties and manufacturing and processing buildings which were first occupied in 1905. A private residence at number 32-34, and a stable located at number 1-5 are also recorded on the Heritage Inventory, their first documented occupation dating to 1880. In addition to commercial and manufacturing businesses, Guildford Lane was the home to several food related businesses. In 1920, the Chocolate Bowl Confectionery Company occupied premises on the north side of the lane. In 1911, a request was made to the City Solicitor to take proceedings against several fruit hawkers who called Guildford Lane home.