Located between William and Queen streets, St Patricks Alley extends south from Little Bourke Street. It was named pre-1856 after St Patrick's Hall in Little Bourke Street, which hosted Victoria's first Legislative Council from 1851 to 1856. In 1860, John Quinn ran a boarding house on St Patricks Alley.
- Sands & McDougall’s commercial and general Melbourne directory, Sands & McDougall, Melbourne, 1860. Details
- 'Central Melbourne: Lanes S-Z', in Amendment C105 - CBD Laneways Review, City of Melbourne, 2007, http://www.melbourne.vic.gov.au/info.cfm?top=195&pg=3065&bp=1902&coll=8. Details
- Bate, Weston, Essential but unplanned: The story of Melbourne's lanes, State Library of Victoria and the City of Melbourne, Melbourne, 1994. Details