(3782, 46 km E, Cardinia Shire)
Avonsleigh was named after a guesthouse erected to the east of Emerald around 1900. Part of the Emerald gold diggings in the 1860s, and originally known as East Emerald, the area was called Avonsleigh from 1911. Though only 2 miles (3 km) from Emerald, transport there cost visitors 1 shilling. Avonsleigh and Macclesfield marked the extreme eastern edge of the original James Clow run of 1838. Both remain essentially rural today, with small residential areas. A general store on the Emerald-Gembrook road marks the present focus of the area.