1. Themes
  2. A to Z

Ballam Park

Ballam Park homestead has stood on one of the gentle hills east of Frankston since its construction between 1847 and 1854. It was built in French style for Frank Liardet, son of Port Melbourne pioneer Wilbraham Liardet. The Liardet property is now mostly covered with suburban housing, but the homestead has been preserved and is surrounded by a generous area of public parkland, also named Ballam Park. The homestead is now the headquarters of the Frankston Historical Society, with a museum and tea-room open to the public.

Lionel Frost