(3939, 80 km S, Mornington Peninsula Shire)
Lieutenant James Grant RN named the southernmost projection of the Mornington Peninsula after Captain John Schanck during his exploration of the Victorian coastline in the Lady Nelson in 1801. The limestone lighthouse, constructed in 1859, was one of a series of ocean lights recommended by an 1856 intercolonial commission to make the Australian coast safer for shipping. The Cape Schanck Coastal Park was declared under the National Parks Act 1975. In 1988 it was incorporated into the newly declared Point Nepean National Park, renamed the Mornington Peninsula National Park in 1995.