(3165, 16 km SE, Glen Eira City)
A locality name with limited currency beyond the 1950s, Coatesville applied to an area formerly occupied by market gardens and poultry farms, located around the Coatesville Primary School in East Bentleigh. Coatesville was named in 1955 after Councillor Leslie Robert Coates, a member of Moorabbin Council and former Australian Labor Party MLA. The district had a large area of war service homes. Coatesville persists in the names of the local school, post office and lawn bowls club.