1. Themes
  2. A to Z

Dallas Brooks Hall

The main auditorium of the Masonic Centre (opened 1969), situated on the corner of Albert and Eades streets, East Melbourne, is known as Dallas Brooks Hall. Located on a site first occupied by Presbyterian Ladies' College, then by the music department of the Australian Broadcasting Commission, it was named after Sir Dallas Brooks, Victorian governor from 1949 to 1963. The hall was specifically designed as a concert venue for public and Freemasons' use. The main auditorium is approximately four storeys high and can accommodate 2000 people plus a 100-piece orchestra and a 140-voice choir.

Katherine Blashki