(3085, 14 km NE, Darebin City, Banyule City)
Much of Macleod was originally encompassed in the Strathallan estate. It was farmland until after the turn of the 20th century. The suburb owes its foundation to the establishment of the Mont Park Hospital in 1910, and the consequent opening of the railway station on the Eltham line in 1911, named after the previous owner of the land, M.A. Macleod. Suburban development, slow until after World War II, became rapid in the 1950s and 1960s. The Gresswell Forest Wildlife Reserve (La Trobe University) is located in the north of the suburb. The former Mont Park, Plenty, Gresswell and Macleod hospital sites were redeveloped for housing and educational facilities in the early 21st century.