(3933, 55 km S, Mornington Peninsula Shire)
From the 1850s to the present day the Moorooduc district of the Mornington Peninsula has retained a rural flavour. Surveyor Permein bestowed the name, meaning flat swamp, on the parish when he surveyed it in 1854. In addition to dairy cattle and sheep, orchards were introduced into the area. In the 20th century two very large nurseries were located here. A rural hamlet, consisting of a handful of community buildings and stores, is still located at the junction of Moorooduc and Tyabb roads, where the first church and school opened in the 1860s. Horse studs and wineries now predominate in the Moorooduc landscape.