(3149, 18 km SE, Monash City)
This locality, around the south-east corner of Blackburn and Waverley roads, was developed from 1958 on a former grazing farm by the A.V. Jennings company as its fifth housing estate in Waverley. The name was derived from the drive leading to the farmhouse, which was lined with pine trees. An innovation for the company was the inclusion of a shopping square, which gained its first tenant in 1960. Reserves for a kindergarten, primary school and sports area were placed along a curving Pinewood Drive. Steel towers for a high-tension power line traversing the district were erected in 1964.