(3937, 70 km S, Mornington Peninsula Shire)
In the 1850s timber-cutters working the Red Hill district supplied the growing Melbourne market. Soon after, selectors established orchards and small mixed farms. In the 1890s 194 acres (78 ha) of forest were divided between ten families under the Victorian Government's village settlement scheme. A railway branch line from Bittern opened in 1921. The following year the Agricultural and Horticultural Society held their first show. The railway line closed in 1953, but the annual show continues, with the showgrounds also used for the Red Hill Market, which began in 1976. Red Hill is now also one of the wine-growing areas of the Mornington Peninsula.