(3139, 46 km E, Yarra Ranges Shire)
This township on the Warburton Highway in the Yarra Valley, created in 1885, was initially simply called 'a township in the parish of Wandin Yalloak'. A year later it was named Redlands, but as there was already a township with this name, it was renamed Seville in May 1886 after the daughter of resident William Smith. Much of the land was used for agriculture, especially berry-farming. When the railway from Lilydale was put through in 1901, this industry, and indeed the district itself, was considerably enhanced. The site of the railway is now part of the Warburton Trail.