(3038, 19 km NW, Brimbank City)
This rapidly growing residential area in Melbourne's northwest growth corridor developed mainly from the 1980s and features many extremely substantial houses. Between 1981 and 1996, its population grew by 1119%. The suburb's name reputedly comes from the action taken by William Taylor, 19th-century owner of the large property Over-newton, to damn a gully on the Keilor-Melton Road to provide water for his household and garden. The suburb features the Watergardens Shopping Centre and Taylors Lakes Linear Park.