Healeys Lane is located between King and William streets, extending from Lonsdale to Little Lonsdale streets. Named in the 1860s for Martin Healey, it was known as Healeys Alley prior to 1915. Healeys Lane is located in the same block as Eagle Alley and Hawke Place. Whilst Eagle Alley was predominantly a residential lane, Healeys Lane was used for commercial purposes. In 1892, cork merchant James Williams ran his business from Healeys Lane. In 1895, the lane was home to a timber yard on the eastern side, and ironworks on the west, reflecting a growing trend for manufacturing and industrial businesses in this location at the turn of the century.