Jones Lane is located between Russell and Exhibition streets and connects Lonsdale and Little Lonsdale streets. In 1839, the first commercial building was occupied in Jones Lane. By 1888, there was a state school as well as two musicians living in the lane. In 1892, Jones Lane contained a timber yard run by John Perry. By 1930, the lane contained linotypers, metal workers, wood turners and cigar merchants.